the healthy eating wagon that is. 🙂
We (or at least *I*) really try hard to fill my body with only whole/good things for me. I try not to eat a bunch of processed junk (although, if you read this post, you know I backslide at breakfast time often!).
I know that all of the crap hurts my body. And as a mom, I know I need to be diligent not only for myself, but for my two little boys.
So I wanted to blog about some tips for staying ON the wagon…and believe me, I’m blogging as much for myself as I am for whomever is reading this post! 🙂
1. Don’t buy the crap. If it isn’t in your house, you can’t eat it.
2. If you love certain processed foods so much you can’t stand it, try to find a healthy alternative or learn to make your own at home without the chemicals and processed stuff.
For example, My kids love poptarts. (I won’t even try to lie here and say I don’t enjoy them too. LOL) So we switched to a super yummy brand from Whole Foods which contains only ingredients that I can pronounce.
3. Drink your daily recommended water intake. I find that when I’m doing a good job on keeping up with my water, I tend to want to snack less.
4. Meal plan. Let’s face it, I totally suck at this, but when I have a good week or two…we eat REALLY well. (Check out this post for a breakfast meal prep idea that’s AWESOME!)
5. Take some time to look up and pin some easy, clean-eating recipes. If you have an arsenal of easy ideas, it’s much easier to pop over to your boards, look one up that sounds good, and rock it out!
I hope those 5 tips were helpful. Some are easier said than done, I know! But I really think that when we are diligent about our choices. Being very conscious of each choice we make everyday, it’s easier to stay on track. And in the long run, our bodies, our kids, and our families will thank us 🙂
Comment below with some of your favorite easy recipes! 😀